Ticket Frustration...

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
El Sphero
Promising youngster

Ticket Frustration...

Post by El Sphero » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Last minute edit: I have since found an old account that still works and have got tickets but my point still stands...

Next weekend I happen to be nearish Blackburn so I decided to try and buy some tickets for Preston’s visit at Ewood. I don’t live nearby, but when opportunities like this come around I try and get to a game. For various reasons I made a new account and didn’t think anything of it.

Now, everything was going well; I had selected the two seats I wanted amongst the thousands of empty ones available but I suddenly encountered a message saying ‘Unfortunately the items in your basket are assigned to a new client which is not allowed.’

I then checked the ticket information article (www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/january/tick ... rth-end-h/) where it says they will ‘only be selling tickets to supporters with a database purcahse history’. And yes, ‘purcahse’ is their typo not mine. :doh:

I’m just struggling to understand why Rovers do not want to sell tickets to a customer and supporter who clearly wants to buy one. We all know Ewood doesn’t sell out. It almost gives off some elitist mentality that if you’re not a high-paying season ticket holder you don’t deserve to see a game.

I get not televising 3pm kick offs, I kind of understand the Radio Lancashire area restrictions, but this just makes no sense at all. :shrug:

Maybe I’m missing something obvious... does anyone here have an idea as to why they don’t want ‘new’ fans to see games? Whenever I have been to other EFL matches this has never been a problem.

Sorry for the long post, part of reason I’m writing this here is because it costs money to call the ticket office and complain and I really don’t think they deserve that.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Ticket Frustration...

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 pm

It doesn't happen for every game, it's because it's a local derby, a 'higher risk' match. It's designed to stop PNE fans from setting up an account with the sole intention of sitting in the home end to cause trouble. You'd have been absolutely fine buying tickets for a game that was a very low security risk, which is how you acquire the purchase history to prove you're genuine before they'll let you into a higher profile game.

You may have had success if you called the ticket office, they are usually helpful, they may have posted them to your address if you explained and they could clearly see you weren't local. Or not.

I have a similar issue, I don't live in the area anymore but do like to travel up for the big games if I can, which means I can't buy my own tickets for those games.
I once went to an away game when Rovers were playing close to where I live, and went to the away end's ticket office to buy on the day as we hadn't sold out. An away fan but with a local address, they didn't like it, so I had to go to a different window and give them a totally made up Blackburn address. :D
That one baffled me, that must happen every week.

El Sphero
Promising youngster

Post by El Sphero » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks Dan for the comprehensive answer!

If it was Burnley I probably would have put two and two together but I just couldn’t work it out for some reason. It also makes sense that they didn’t have an explanation as to why they were limiting sales.

I still think there’s more harm being done than good here - if an away fan wanted to cause trouble I really don’t think they would have any problem getting a home ticket if they were a bit more savvy than me!

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:00 pm

On my trip to England in September, we couldn’t buy away tix to Reading from Blackburn Rovers (and Rovers didn’t sell out their allotment). We had to buy them through Reading, which was very easy. My wife & I sat in a Reading section... as mcteeth could verify.

On my tour of Ewood, I told two club rep’s about our problem trying to order through Rovers, but they didn’t seem interested in our plight (but they were very nice & helpful during the tour).

There are some things the club could do to assist it’s fans better.