Wii, 360, or PS3?

There must be more to life than football?

Wii, 360, or PS3?

Total votes: 0

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re: Wii, 360, or PS3?

Post by Gouldy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
I'm sure you'd have even less complaints if it just didn't break.
But if it hadnt of broken then i would only have a 12month warrenty instead of 4yrs cover which i have now ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Gouldy wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
But if it hadnt of broken then i would only have a 12month warrenty instead of 4yrs cover which i have now ;)
But you don't need a warranty if it doesn't break... :-? I've had my PS2 over 4 years, it still works.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Gouldy wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
But you don't need a warranty if it doesn't break... :-? I've had my PS2 over 4 years, it still works.
Exactly.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

When you buy an xbox you know the risks. I knew they fuck up all the time when i first bought mine, but i knew it would get replaced if it did. Next Xbox is due out around 2010/2011 so im covered till then. What does it matter if it has broke, i get a working one back so it makes no difference to me. I dont have to pay for anything, Microsoft pay for all the costs so im not out of pocket

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:03 pm

Gouldy demonstrates why Reggie Perrin failed at being unsuccessful... :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Gouldy wrote:When you buy an xbox you know the risks. I knew they fuck up all the time when i first bought mine, but i knew it would get replaced if it did. Next Xbox is due out around 2010/2011 so im covered till then. What does it matter if it has broke, i get a working one back so it makes no difference to me. I dont have to pay for anything, Microsoft pay for all the costs so im not out of pocket
But surely it's better if it just doesn't break? The difference is the hassle of having to get it changed. If you'd bought one originally, and they didn't break, then it wouldn't matter how long the warranty lasted, because it didn't break....

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:14 pm

PS2 is still the best console ever made.

Ok, it's fallen behind now in terms of technology, but for what it does it's perfect. Great geams, usually quite reliable, and if it does break it's usually quite easy to repair

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Dan wrote:PS2 is still the best console ever made.

Ok, it's fallen behind now in terms of technology, but for what it does it's perfect. Great geams, usually quite reliable, and if it does break it's usually quite easy to repair
And the dual shock pad is brilliant.

Jim
Ageing international

Post by Jim » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:10 pm

I have a 360, will never go back to a PS2 or any other console.

I've played a Wii, and it still strikes me as a gimmick... fun for the kids... not for serious gaming. For the gritty stuff with excellent graphics... the 360 is the best console. Its got a great selection of games, helped by being released earlier than the Wii and PS3, Xbox live and a good controller. Its also powerful too.

Also what really makes me wet em... GTA4... the games that formerly were Sony exclusive release titles... is now being released over both consoles on the same day, with everything pointing to the 360 having slightly better performance, minimal really, and a huge difference in having downloaded content, through xbox live, including extra missions and storylines to extend the games lifetime.

This has been confirmed to be a 360 only perk and the PS3 has nothing in comparison... yet more reason to go buy a 360.

Soxfn1985
New signing

Post by Soxfn1985 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm

Mine broke. I think that it overheated. Is there anything other than going to a repair shop, mine is out of warrenty, that I could do?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Soxfn1985 wrote:

Mine broke. I think that it overheated. Is there anything other than going to a repair shop, mine is out of warrenty, that I could do?
Take it apart, blow all the dust out, and clean the lens.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Jim wrote:I have a 360, will never go back to a PS2 or any other console.

I've played a Wii, and it still strikes me as a gimmick... fun for the kids... not for serious gaming. For the gritty stuff with excellent graphics... the 360 is the best console. Its got a great selection of games, helped by being released earlier than the Wii and PS3, Xbox live and a good controller. Its also powerful too.

Also what really makes me wet em... GTA4... the games that formerly were Sony exclusive release titles... is now being released over both consoles on the same day, with everything pointing to the 360 having slightly better performance, minimal really, and a huge difference in having downloaded content, through xbox live, including extra missions and storylines to extend the games lifetime.

This has been confirmed to be a 360 only perk and the PS3 has nothing in comparison... yet more reason to go buy a 360.
Paradox. Games are fun.

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Post by RoverWithALimp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 am

[quote="Rover the Top"][/quote]
By that, do you mean have no qualms about breaking the law? :scratch:
quote]
Erm... No i dont believe i said that...?

I purchase all my games from either the USA... Cheaper, or get them off my brother from the Sony shop when he has his business trips in Asia with his company... :roll:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:19 am

RoverWithALimp wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:By that, do you mean have no qualms about breaking the law? :scratch:
Erm... No i dont believe i said that...?
Read my post again, you'll see I was asking a question about what you meant, not saying you said anything... :numpty;

I thought you were implying you had a 'chipped' machine... after all, you openly admit you watch all your football on illegal internet streams, you can't say it wouldn't be in character... :whistle;

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:14 am

Jim wrote:GTA4.
booooooo, i really want to play that as I loved San Andreas on the PC but I'm not going to buy a console just for the one game.