Earthquake!

There must be more to life than football?
theadore
Inexperienced manager

Re: Earthquake!

Post by theadore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:02 am

I didn't think about ringing the police... but it was really wierd.

Being in the house by myself.. i just wanted someone to confirm I wasn't going mental. Fortunately some people had updated their facebook within minutes... :|

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am

I felt the bed that i was sitting on move, wondered what the hell it was, and then figured it out when a girl on the phone to someone in Nottingham started getting excited cos the guy she was talking to was shitting himself.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:10 pm

theadore wrote:I didn't think about ringing the police... but it was really wierd.

Being in the house by myself.. i just wanted someone to confirm I wasn't going mental. Fortunately some people had updated their facebook within minutes... :|
I was invited to a facebook group about in minutes. And a search found over 15 groups on it!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I was woken just before 1am by my house shaking, swore out loud, wondered if it was an earthquake, checked my alarm clock, decided it must just have been the train and went back to sleep... :D
I actually thought it was a train derailing.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:34 pm

It didn't take long for someone to write into football365 suggesting it was Frank Lampard falling out of bed.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Gouldy wrote:Heard about it but didnt feel it myself. Got a few txt from people in different loacations around leeds, and the flat next door felt it, but it went unnoticed by everyone in my flat. Sayin that we were preoccupied by knocking on peoples door and puttin a bottle of shower gel outside that has an uncanny resembalance to a big black dildo :lol:
Where abouts in Leeds are you living Gouldy? Headingly?
At the moment im in Mill Street. Big black and white checkered building near the etap hotel and the bus station. Moving up Headingly next year. Cant wait for that :D

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Aye - you should look at Chappel Allerton too. Both really cool places to live. Though I admit Headingly and Hyde Park have more scantily clad women in the summer. :D

I hated that chequerboard building when I lived in leeds. What the hell were they thinking? :shock:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:37 pm

feck... got home and a house across the street has its chimney crumpled... :shock:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 pm

theadore wrote:feck... got home and a house across the street has its chimney crumpled... :shock:
Tell me I don't live accross the road from you.... :shock:

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Gibbon wrote:Aye - you should look at Chappel Allerton too. Both really cool places to live. Though I admit Headingly and Hyde Park have more scantily clad women in the summer. :D

I hated that chequerboard building when I lived in leeds. What the hell were they thinking? :shock:
Yeh Headingly is cool. Pretty much everyone i know is either moving to Headingly or Hyde Park next year. Im on Headingly Mount, pretty much right next to the stadium.

Yeh it does look crap, but on the bright side you can always find your way back home easily no matter how drunk you are :lol:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I was woken just before 1am by my house shaking, swore out loud, wondered if it was an earthquake, checked my alarm clock, decided it must just have been the train and went back to sleep... :D
Same here. Me and the missus had only been in bed for half and hour when we were stirred by the bed shaking and the door and mirror rattling like fuck. Thought it was a lorry going past or something and went back to sleep.

When we lived in manchester we had one about 3 years ago that made all our ornaments fall off the mantlepiece and television

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:48 pm

iamarover wrote:It didn't take long for someone to write into football365 suggesting it was Frank Lampard falling out of bed.
That was a joke I just made too without reading here or that shite on football 36wank