Obituaries...

There must be more to life than football?
User avatar
roversmillsy
Ageing international
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by roversmillsy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Ex-Bournemouth goalkeeper Mark Ovendale dies of cancer

R.I.P. Mark Ovendale

37 years old, too young :(

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 pm

R.I.P :cry:

Horrid way to go and far too young :(

User avatar
dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 8572
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by dwayne cage » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 am

R.I.P. Poor Fellow may he find peace

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9810
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Obituaries...

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm


User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13935
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

That sucks. Although he wasn't that good last time I saw him.

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9810
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Obituaries...

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I never got around to it sadly

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 am


User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15610
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

Yeah 56 is a bit young really. Be interesting to see how Apple and Pixar get along.

Savory
Promising manager
Posts: 10878
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Savory » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:11 am

Image

They took our Jobs!!

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18593
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Yeah 56 is a bit young really. Be interesting to see how Apple and Pixar get along.
Ideally Pixar will continue under John Lasseter's control. That guy knows what he's doing, and it was Job's decision to leave power in the hands of him and the other creatives that helped make Pixar what it is.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15610
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am

Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18593
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Gibbon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

mrblackbat wrote:Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.
I'm not sure what you're on about with the iPhone 4S criticism, Jobs was in charge when they replaced the 3G with the 3GS. Exactly the same policy in fact. :shrug:

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13935
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 pm

And just as tedious. How could I live my life without a range of overpriced consumer durables which often serve no purpose or do the very thing they are designed to do badly... I cried over my USB powered waffle maker when I heard. My life as a brainless borgsheep consumer will never be the same again :cry:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15610
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Gibbon wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.
I'm not sure what you're on about with the iPhone 4S criticism, Jobs was in charge when they replaced the 3G with the 3GS. Exactly the same policy in fact. :shrug:
Er, no; the difference is that the iPhone 3GS was announced and released before they ever made mention of an iPhone 4. The 4S was released in order to cover up the fact that the 5 is still not ready, despite being six months late already.

I strongly suspect that if Jobs was still in charge, the 4S wouldn't exist, and would be named the iPhone 5.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18593
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Obituaries...

Post by Gibbon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:23 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Gibbon wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.
I'm not sure what you're on about with the iPhone 4S criticism, Jobs was in charge when they replaced the 3G with the 3GS. Exactly the same policy in fact. :shrug:
Er, no; the difference is that the iPhone 3GS was announced and released before they ever made mention of an iPhone 4. The 4S was released in order to cover up the fact that the 5 is still not ready, despite being six months late already.

I strongly suspect that if Jobs was still in charge, the 4S wouldn't exist, and would be named the iPhone 5.
But...apple have never made a commitment to when iPhone 5 is due to come out other than to say that there almost definitely will be one sooner later.

Apple make regular tech announcements at fixed points in the year and it was media speculation that the October release would be iPhone 5 just because the media love to get excited. It turns out that it's an iPhone 4 with a lot of it's design flaws ironed out, but there's no way that it would have been passed off as an iPhone 5 under Jobs - it's still basically the same hardware, and they've never stepped up a generation on any of their products without major innovation in their tech. Siri is just another nice little trick, but nowt of that calibre.

iPhone 5 will be a release that really tries to push the market forward.

Post Reply