Obituaries...

There must be more to life than football?
roversmillsy
Ageing international

Re: Obituaries...

Post by roversmillsy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Ex-Bournemouth goalkeeper Mark Ovendale dies of cancer

R.I.P. Mark Ovendale

37 years old, too young :(

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 pm

R.I.P :cry:

Horrid way to go and far too young :(

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 am

R.I.P. Poor Fellow may he find peace

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

That sucks. Although he wasn't that good last time I saw him.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I never got around to it sadly

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 am

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

Yeah 56 is a bit young really. Be interesting to see how Apple and Pixar get along.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:11 am

They took our Jobs!!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Yeah 56 is a bit young really. Be interesting to see how Apple and Pixar get along.
Ideally Pixar will continue under John Lasseter's control. That guy knows what he's doing, and it was Job's decision to leave power in the hands of him and the other creatives that helped make Pixar what it is.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am

Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

mrblackbat wrote:Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.
I'm not sure what you're on about with the iPhone 4S criticism, Jobs was in charge when they replaced the 3G with the 3GS. Exactly the same policy in fact. :shrug:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 pm

And just as tedious. How could I live my life without a range of overpriced consumer durables which often serve no purpose or do the very thing they are designed to do badly... I cried over my USB powered waffle maker when I heard. My life as a brainless borgsheep consumer will never be the same again :cry:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Gibbon wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Perhaps. They'll still suffer from not having Job's aggressive marketing strategies. You can already see that slipping a little with Apple - the iPhone 4S? Siri not called iSiri or iAssist or iCompletelyPointlessButWe'reUsingItAnyway.
I'm not sure what you're on about with the iPhone 4S criticism, Jobs was in charge when they replaced the 3G with the 3GS. Exactly the same policy in fact. :shrug:
Er, no; the difference is that the iPhone 3GS was announced and released before they ever made mention of an iPhone 4. The 4S was released in order to cover up the fact that the 5 is still not ready, despite being six months late already.

I strongly suspect that if Jobs was still in charge, the 4S wouldn't exist, and would be named the iPhone 5.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:23 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Gibbon wrote:
Er, no; the difference is that the iPhone 3GS was announced and released before they ever made mention of an iPhone 4. The 4S was released in order to cover up the fact that the 5 is still not ready, despite being six months late already.

I strongly suspect that if Jobs was still in charge, the 4S wouldn't exist, and would be named the iPhone 5.
But...apple have never made a commitment to when iPhone 5 is due to come out other than to say that there almost definitely will be one sooner later.

Apple make regular tech announcements at fixed points in the year and it was media speculation that the October release would be iPhone 5 just because the media love to get excited. It turns out that it's an iPhone 4 with a lot of it's design flaws ironed out, but there's no way that it would have been passed off as an iPhone 5 under Jobs - it's still basically the same hardware, and they've never stepped up a generation on any of their products without major innovation in their tech. Siri is just another nice little trick, but nowt of that calibre.

iPhone 5 will be a release that really tries to push the market forward.