Do you like dogs?

There must be more to life than football?
RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Do you like dogs?

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:58 pm

I do lots and lots. Just wondering if anyone else had the same feelings towards kanines. My favorites are the gun dog breeds especially retrievers sub section.

I particually like the english pointer since i saw a set of them running about in the lakes on a mock hunt. He's a picture below if your interested;

http://www.georgianindex.net/dogs/Pointere.jpg

I'm also fond of Flat coated retrievers also as i had 3 when i was growing up, they're reasonably rare but lovely nature;

http://www.mafcrc.org/Echo%20&%20Peach.JPG

But i do hate the dogs you see all around the north east which are synominous with scallies, i.e. Pitbull cross breeds, Bull terriers etc.

What do you lot think? :rtm:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: Do you like dogs?

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 pm

I've got a terrible fear of dogs. Particularly running, barking dogs. It paralyses me. Had some really scary experiences which everyone else finds funny... :evil: And you always get these patronising cretins ambling along as though it's all a joke, going "it's alright, she doesn't bite", and I think "what you mean is she hasn't bitten anyone yet, coz otherwise she'd have been put down". :roll:

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I've got a terrible fear of dogs. Particularly running, barking dogs. It paralyses me. Had some really scary experiences which everyone else finds funny... :evil: And you always get these patronising cretins ambling along as though it's all a joke, going "it's alright, she doesn't bite", and I think "what you mean is she hasn't bitten anyone yet, coz otherwise she'd have been put down". :roll:
Yeah i know what you mean, majority of dogs have very poor training are harmless but do what they want. They just want to say hello in lahmens terms, but that doesn;t mean everyone is comfortable. Gun dogs are re known for being very obedient, so really if they started to go toward you one cal from the owner it will know not to go to you. Unfortunatly this only happens in theory. The dogs i had were very well trained before we got them, so they did everything you wanted.

You have nothing really to worry about, the only dogs who coul potentially bite are terriers, or larger dogs like alsations (have close ties with mental problems) and rottweiler types. But even these very very rarely bite.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:38 pm

I tend to have very little respect for dogs. They're too eager to please and easily programmable for me, and seem to appeal to people who have a bit of a thing about control. Cats on the other hand are great. Basic programming, (litter tray) no problem - everything else they just look at you as if to tell you to go fuck yourself.

One of mine at the moment is stealing slippers from one of our neighbours houses and bringing them back to us. Luckily the neighbours think it's funny, buthow long will THAT last? Apparently he tried to steal a sheepskin boot off them on saturday and got it stuck in their catflap...

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Gibbon wrote: Basic programming, (litter tray) no problem - everything else they just look at you as if to tell you to go fuck yourself.
Just like women... :scratch:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:46 pm

I like dogs... with Noodles and Kung Po sauce.

I was bitten as a child, but never developed any kind of fear... still have the scar on my face although its quite tiny and didn't have stiches. The dog wasn't put down either, everybody seemingly agreed that a 3 year old kid with ADD was 'asking for it' (everyone being my parents... :(... teh owners offered to put the dog down)

Had dogs most of my childhood... but like all pet ownership have lost any interest. Not through cruelty although i think it is still a form of it, i just don't understand the fascination of looking after an animal... if i wanted that i'd breed.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 pm

I love dogs. Dont have any myself but my Aunty has a Miniture Schnauzer and a Beagle. I really dont like cats tho, just something about them that i really dont like.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Gouldy wrote:I love dogs. Dont have any myself but my Aunty has a Miniture Schnauzer and a Beagle. I really dont like cats tho, just something about them that i really dont like.
Obviously seen Cats and Dogs a few too many times......

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm

See, you're missing all the really good pets here. I want a caiman. Occassionally petshops get them in by accident as apparently the eggs are very similar to iguana eggs.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Our two terrorising fools

First one is a Blue Merle who is far too intelligent - never ever ever get a sheepdog. And never get one with blue eyes and pink nose - even madder.

Terrier. Nuff said.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:33 pm

I love dogs and I have a white boxer whom I think the world of. :D

rover and out
New signing

Post by rover and out » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:44 pm

as soon as i leave home im getting a dog they are a mans best friend after all

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Weird double posting event.....
Last edited by mrblackbat on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:45 pm

rover and out wrote:as soon as i leave home im getting a dog they are a mans best friend after all
Seriously, get a CAIMAN!

Soxfn1985
New signing

Post by Soxfn1985 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 pm

mrblackbat wrote:See, you're missing all the really good pets here. I want a caiman. Occassionally petshops get them in by accident as apparently the eggs are very similar to iguana eggs.
If you want a Caiman then you are crazy. Need a large enclosure with a huge heat source, large pond, and a fence that goes about 2 meters into the ground. those things will out dig your dog. I wouldn't mess with them though they are beautiful animals. If you cant tell...i am more of a reptile and amphibian guy. Herpetology is sweet.