The Computer Games Thread

There must be more to life than football?
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:11 pm

RoryoftheRovers wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:Whoa, WoW seems way too complicated for me. I'll stick to footy manager i think.

Has anyone played that virtual world game? The one where a women in Japan became a real life millionaire from selling virtual land to other gamers?
Heh, you wanna check out Eve Online then - a truly complex game...

And yes, people sell their ingame stuff for cash (sad people who buy stuff in a game for money, if you ask me), usually against the license agreement to play.

http://www.eve-online.com
I think this game was built so people could exchange money for things in the game. For example for a £10 you could buy a plot of land. I think she made her money by buying loads and selling at a higher price when the virtual land prices increased. I presume the economics engine of the game is pretty mother flipping complicated....
Yeah, that's still pretty sad. And this coming from someone who plays an "online game with spaceships".

There was an instance in my game where somebody allegedly "borrowed" one of the biggest ships available and sold it in order to buy a car..... :|
I dont think its sad pal. People think FM is sad but i dont give a f***. Its whatever floats your boat not what people think is "uncool" we're not in school now!

Sounds like fun just havent got the patience or brain for it! (although i do politics!)
No it really is sad paying that amount of money to get ahead in a game ahead of where you'd be by just playing it. I mean, we're talking about someone who nicked something in game and sold it for the value of a brand new hatchback. Not like a tenner a month sub fee or anything.

Be like playing footie manager and paying £5k real cash so you could get all the best players in your team.....

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:14 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:
mrblackbat wrote: Heh, you wanna check out Eve Online then - a truly complex game...

And yes, people sell their ingame stuff for cash (sad people who buy stuff in a game for money, if you ask me), usually against the license agreement to play.

http://www.eve-online.com
I think this game was built so people could exchange money for things in the game. For example for a £10 you could buy a plot of land. I think she made her money by buying loads and selling at a higher price when the virtual land prices increased. I presume the economics engine of the game is pretty mother flipping complicated....
Yeah, that's still pretty sad. And this coming from someone who plays an "online game with spaceships".

There was an instance in my game where somebody allegedly "borrowed" one of the biggest ships available and sold it in order to buy a car..... :|
I dont think its sad pal. People think FM is sad but i dont give a f***. Its whatever floats your boat not what people think is "uncool" we're not in school now!

Sounds like fun just havent got the patience or brain for it! (although i do politics!)
No it really is sad paying that amount of money to get ahead in a game ahead of where you'd be by just playing it. I mean, we're talking about someone who nicked something in game and sold it for the value of a brand new hatchback. Not like a tenner a month sub fee or anything.

Be like playing footie manager and paying £5k real cash so you could get all the best players in your team.....
Whoops i didn't mean paying money isn't sad because it is! I meant that you play with "online spaceships" isn't sad! Sorry for the confusion.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:18 pm

RoryoftheRovers wrote:Whoops i didn't mean paying money isn't sad because it is! I meant that you play with "online spaceships" isn't sad! Sorry for the confusion.
Heh, why would I suggest that was sad when it's what I do? :P

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:25 pm

You did suggest that!! By writing....

\"Yeah, that's still pretty sad. And this coming from someone who plays an \"online game with spaceships\".\"

i got the impression that you felt people may look at you as being sad, so i thought i'd stick up for you..

so as a result we agree its not.......

My head hurts :clonk:

Hardcore
New signing

Post by Hardcore » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm lvl 31 now, got better armor and better bow, but could still do with a better one... my sword could be better as well...

got 5 or 6 quests for stockades, bu cant find a group to help me do it... dodgey fuckers :D

brfcw
New signing

Post by brfcw » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:15 pm

I cant be bothered levelling my warlock to come help you hes only lvl 8 haha! Hes called Warspock btw. Alliance begining quests are rubbish in Dun Moragh!

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Rover the Moon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Bit of a retro golf game here. Not exactly awe inspiring graphics but wastes a bit of time during lunch at work and only 334kb

http://h1.ripway.com/roverthemoon/PGATourGolf.zip

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Why the fuck do Xbox's keep breaking :xxx: This is a replacement one that ive had for around 3 or 4 months now and last night it crashed showing red rings of death. Swicthed if off and left it for a bit, went back to use it and it worked fine........or at least i thought it did :doh: Turns out that my Xbox has started burning my discs, which now means FIFA 08 is unplayable. Hope i can get another replacement, cant afford to buy a new one and ive just spent £40 on XBL for another year

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 am

Saw my first titan in Eve last night:-

Takes a full year to train for one of those with just the basic requirements to actually move it about.... and god knows how long to actually get the stuff to build one....

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 am

ordered mario kart wii today :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:44 am

iamarover wrote:ordered mario kart wii today :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I have £1.75 left until pay day at the end of feb... :(

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:45 am

I can heartily recommend Pangya Golf (or super swing golf depending on it's country of source) on Wii. Despite the stupid cutesyness and fantasy golfing nonsense (which is the bit I love, I admit it), the golf mechanics are really very solid. Much better than Tiger.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:48 am

theadore wrote:
iamarover wrote:ordered mario kart wii today :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I have £1.75 left until pay day at the end of feb... :(
it's not out until april so don't fret. I pwii-ordered it.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 am

I should have Metroid Prime 3 arriving at some point.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:50 am

mrblackbat wrote:Saw my first titan in Eve last night:-
And I left the house and interacted with people on a face-to-face basis, whilst beating my mate 4-2 at pool... :D