The Steve Kean Thread

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Do you think Steve Kean is the right manager to get Rovers back into the Premier League?

Yes. He has the experience/ability we need
15%
Possibly, but I'm not really convinced
4%
I very much doubt it. There is nothing to suggest he can succeed, but nothing is impossible.
33%
No. He is beyond useless and should go away as quickly as possible
48%

Total votes: 67

Mr Shearers Boot
New signing

Re: The Steve Kean / management thread

Post by Mr Shearers Boot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Jim wrote:Why is he still our manager... dear me. I'm checking Twitter every 5 minutes hoping he's gone and losing hope with each passing hour.

Wigan showed last night that Liverpool are a team who aren't as strong without Suarez, we should be going into this game looking for a point, and even with a caretaker manager (come back Tony!) I think we could achieve that.
On paper we are a better team than wigan and they are starting to pull some results together. Just goes to show that with a bit of direction we can improve. Unfortunately we still dont have that. Everyone in the country was expecting Kean to get the bullet yesterday but nothing has been said. Just goes to show how badly things are at the moment normally if he weren't getting sacked they would have had a press conference to 'back' him or if not he would be gone, no point in messing around

CheltenhamRover
Promising youngster

Twitter Rumblings...

Post by CheltenhamRover » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm

One source believes that Steve Kean has been sacked and will be announced officially in the morning.

Another claims the board says that he must get results against Liverpool and Man United to keep his job.

Each are rumours, but if either one is partially true, it would be good news.

stony bloke
Promising youngster

Post by stony bloke » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Can I suggest all the morons who were booing and hurling abuse at the Bolton game on Tuesday have a look at this. They ought to take a look at themselves. It doesn't help the players one iota and they're the ones who have to win the games, not Kean. :(

http://bcove.me/d3rr6rf4

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:02 pm

:roll:

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Savory wrote::roll:
Agreed.

CheltenhamRover
Promising youngster

Post by CheltenhamRover » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Pardew is a wanker.

Makasp
New signing

Post by Makasp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 pm

stony bloke wrote:Can I suggest all the morons who were booing and hurling abuse at the Bolton game on Tuesday have a look at this. They ought to take a look at themselves. It doesn't help the players one iota and they're the ones who have to win the games, not Kean. :(

http://bcove.me/d3rr6rf4
What a load of cack. Kean/Venkys have brought this upon themselves for leaving him/himself in the firing line for too long. Blackburn fans have been more patient than most.. lets see what happens to Pardew now Newcastle have started to loose a few games and anyway isnt this the same Pardew that in 2007 called West Ham Fans W**kers who should all F**k Off and was caught on tv... Upon which the club employed a media advisor to help him win over sceptical fans... ( I would link the article from the daily telegraph with it but cant from an iphone..) maybe he should practice what he preaches rather than back his personal friend...

Or the same David Moyes that in December 2011 asked his own fans not to boo the team after they abused players leaving the pitch after getting beat by Tottenham 2-1. Same game chants of you dont know what your doing to two late substitutions and Everton were in no danger just simply not beating a side that was in the bottom three. Look at the everton threads on their messageboards and the fans are split as to if he is the right man.. so I suggest he keeps his own house in order before commenting on others.

All I can see on that video is disgruntled fans sick of loosing starring down the barrel of the championship and asking for change in the only way they know how. If they had listened earlier we wouldnt be in this mess would we..

Makasp
New signing

Post by Makasp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm

losing x 2...

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

other managers just want him to keep his job because they know its an easy 3 points for them if he's still in charge...

as if they havent seen or heard that kind of thing before.

IBL4cKBuRn
Experienced international star

Post by IBL4cKBuRn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I have heard that venkys are planning to keep kean in charge, but plan a big signing in January to try and save us. Yes this may be a rumour however wouldn't surprise me, just depends what is meant by big name, i mean Jan Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink is a big name.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm

i heard this is the big name and someone at Venkys made a silly typo...

Last edited by Savory on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBL4cKBuRn

Post by IBL4cKBuRn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Thought that may be the case frankly, there's a lot right now, venkys always quick to defend their finances yet never say nothing about our club.

IBL4cKBuRn

Post by IBL4cKBuRn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Heard Desai until recently didn't know there was relegation from the premier league, ouch

CheltenhamRover
Promising youngster

Post by CheltenhamRover » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Suppose it will be another offer for Ronaldinho or Beckham... I'd rather just save the embarrassment.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 pm

I'd just like to point out that all those who have accused Venky's/Kean of making our club into a laughing stock in football circles should probably look at what everyone in football circles is now saying - that the fans behaviour has gone too far. Either you care about what the rest of the football world thinks or you don't. Make your bloody minds up.